Wednesday, December 4, 2013

KC Vacay (sort of)

In a couple weeks my family is going to come down to KC to help me move back to Omaha.  Everyone is my family is thinking, "Ugh.  We have to help Angie pack, clean, carry all of her stuff to the trailer, pack, drive to Omaha, and then help her unpack.  There better be pizza in this for me."

On the other hand, my dad is thinking, "What moving???.... Brichacek family vacation!!!!!!"

Yeah, that's right.  My dad is way more excited about all of the KC stuff we're going to do than helping me move.  (Shocker? I know.)  Although it will be a moving intensive few days, we'll have to squeeze in some fun stuff.  "When in Rome," right?

Here is a list of the places I recommend you go (and the places we may or may not be going) if you ever find yourself in KC.

1. Boulevard Brewery Tour
I have been on this tour 3 times already and I will be going on it again when everyone comes down.  It never gets boring.  It's free, the tour guides are hilarious, AND you get free samples of beer at the end.  Enough said.





2. The Plaza
If you're looking for great shopping and restaurants, this is the place to go! Right now, they have the Christmas lights up and they are TO DIE FOR.


3. The Crown Center
So I really haven't been to this place very much, but I do know that from November to March they have an outdoor ice skating rink.  So. Much. Fun. Last year when Sarah and I went we saw a proposal there! The light display is also pretty stellar too!



4. The World War I memorial
So this is a pretty cool museum, but if you're not into museums you should still come check this place out because there is an amazing view of downtown KC from here.  You can even take the elevator to the top of the tower (for like $2) and check out the view from up there too.
  

5. Oklahoma Joe's
There are three big BBQ places in KC: Oklahoma Joes, Jack Stack, and Gates.  Everyone in KC has their favorite, but I'm telling you Oklahoma Joes is the best!  The original one is in a tiny gas station, but that stops no one from coming. The line is often out the door.  It's that good, and believe me, it's totally worth the wait!  I recommend the z-man sandwich and you absolutely MUST try their fries.


6. Pizza 51
Best pizza I have ever had (except my mom's of course).  They have a special where you get a HUGE slice of pizza and get to pick any 5 toppings to go on it.  Get the bread sticks.  I don't know what they put in their dough, but it could be magic.  That good.  Oddly enough, this place also started in a gas station.





7. Quay Coffee
You may have already seen my Quay Coffee post.  You can read all about my obsession with this place.  If you're looking for great coffee, an adorable place in the River market area, you don't want to miss out on this.



8. The Roasterie
Another great KC coffee place.  They actually roast all of their beans in KC.  There are a few locations throughout the KC area, but their downtown location is where it's all made.  You can take a free tour here too.  Oh, and did I mention their coffee is also amazing?!?  I'm going to have to stock up on their coffee before I head back to Nebraska.  AND they just started selling K-cups for their coffee.  SCORE!




9. Rivermarket
During the warmer months, there is a farmer's market every weekend.  They sell all of the typical farmer's market stuff, but there is also a flee market.  Some of my classmates have found some pretty good stuff there. More than anything, it's just a fun atmosphere to be in.

Have any other suggestions?

*Most of these pictures wouldn't exist if it weren't for my sister Stacey.
**I would have never known about most of these places if it weren't for Patrick.  He's really good at finding the fun places to go.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment