Friday, September 13, 2013

Quay Coffee

Luckily, in my program we don't have class on Friday.  (I'm really going to miss that when I actually get a job.)  I usually take this day to catch up on cleaning my room or go to Shawnee Mission Park for a really good run.  Today was my one day off of work this weekend so I decided I was going to try to get as much homework done as possible.  Now, I will be honest.  My productivity level is extremely low when I study at my apartment.  There is just always something that needs to be cleaned, eaten, or crafted.  So I decided to go to my very favorite coffee shop in the whole wide world, Quay Coffee.  Now this is one thing I am definitely going to miss about Kansas City after I move back to NE.  First of all, the place is ADORABLE.  Brick walls, wooden tables and chairs, tungsten light bulbs, nautical stuff everywhere, and a barista with a handlebar mustache!  Secondly, this place has legit the best coffee I have ever had.  There are some really awesome coffee places in KC, but Quay is by far my favorite.  It was so nice and relaxing to spend the afternoon there, and I got so much more done than I would have at my apartment.
Best place in KC.


They even have a water bowl for dogs! How thoughtful!

Inside.  (Notice the handlebar mustache on the guy on the right.
Also notice how they are wearing very similar shirts! haha)
My most perfect vanilla latte.
My favorite accessory.  What I like to call my "Quay ring."
I found it when I went to visit Patrick in DC.  I knew it was just meant for me! 
I definitely recommend this place if you ever get the chance to stop by!

1 comment: