Monday, November 25, 2013

That light at the end of the tunnel. I see it.

So I haven't written for a while, but I have an excuse, I promise.

Last week was crazy.  I had my very last lab practical on Tuesday.  If you know anyone in any kind of medical related field, you have probably heard about lab practicals.  They are my least favorite part of school.  You study and practice and study and practice some more.  Finally the day of the practical comes and you can't think about anything else.  Food doesn't have any taste, you are sweating even though it's 30 degrees outside, you have to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and going to your morning classes is completely pointless.  Your time FINALLY rolls around and your hands are shaking as you pick the case you will be presented with (praying it's not that one topic you forgot to look over a second time).  You somehow stutter your way through your case, remember all of the things you forgot as soon as the timer goes off, listen to your teacher's critique, and pull your concentration together to write your documentation.  Torture I tell you.

Anyway, I AM DONE with these horrid things.  Celebrate everywhere!

On Friday, everyone in my class had to present our research projects that we have been working on for the past year.  The last few months have been so busy getting data, writing the paper, and putting together the poster and presentation.  The presentations lasted most of the afternoon and I am sooo happy it's finally over.

Here is a picture of my amazing capstone group I have worked with over the past year (our poster is in the background).

Jacque, me, Sophia, Ginny, and Alexa
Alexa (from Mad Wife Skillz) and I decided to have a little photo shoot since we happened to be dressed in Christmas colors.
A normal serious one

Reindeer

A Bluejay and a Loper

Rudolph and Santa
A Christmas tree and a present

And the best part of the weekend was that Patrick got to come :)


21 days left! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment