Sunday, November 10, 2013

Antioch Park

I know, I know... "Not another park post!!"  Sorry, but  these are the parts of KC that I would really like to remember, so deal.

Not until recently have I really appreciated fall.  I have always associated fall with the end of summer, start of school, and intro to winter.  No thank-you to any of those options.  But fall is just so pretty down here, and it's the perfect running weather.

Antioch Park has always been my go-to.  It's really close to my apartment and it's always buzzing with people.  It was actually one of the reasons I picked the apartment I'm living in.  I see at least 5 engagement/family/kid picture sessions every time I'm in the park.

















And then, of course, there is this adorable little town for the kids to play in. 



Ice Age anyone?



 And this is where I get to run almost everyday.  How cool :)


P.S. Wanna hear a really awkward story?
So yesterday I went running at Shawnee Mission Park.  I'm just minding my business and running my normal route when I put two and two together and realized there was a half marathon going on.  I figured it was fine and I'd eventually run off their course.  I'm passing all of these people (which is NOT normal for me btw) when I see a sign that says "1 more mile to go."  Wow, I felt bad.  All of these people were on mile 12 of their half, exhausted out of their mind, and some rando girl passes them whom they assume is also on mile 12.  Talk about a buzz kill.  And to top it off, some of them were even cheering me on.  So in order to not accidentally cross the finish line, I had no choice but to turn around and start running back the other way.  Run of shame.  The people that were cheering me on just looked at me so confused.  Most awkward run of my life.  

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I would have paid big time to see that story in person. PS your pictures are beauuuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!! I would agree with Sarah!!! Hilarious!! :))) Lol!!

    ReplyDelete