Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tales of tilapia: Part 1

Fish and I have not had a strong history.  I'm pretty sure I never even heard of tilapia until like 6 months ago.  My childhood fish consumption consisted of fish sticks during lent and the occasional tuna sandwich when we were out of bologna.  Somehow I started to eat it regularly over this past year. (I'm sure this has something to do with the cheap prices and me being a broke grad school student.)  .

I usually just bake it and have some rice with it, but I've been getting bored with that.  Unlike some people (shout out to my sister, Stacey), I get really bored with the same foods over and over again.  My current favorite way to eat tilapia is to put it in a grilled cheese sandwich.

Just bake the tilapia filet first and then put it on your grilled cheese sandwich.  Add avocado because avocado makes EVERYTHING better.


And now just grill it like you would any other grilled-cheese.  UH-MAZING I tell you. 

No, I did not burn it.  I just really like it black.
Just kidding, I burned it. 


Let's take a moment to remember where this great meal came from.
                                         
                                                 

Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

  1. Lol!! :) yes, I eat the same thing over and over again! haha! but this does look delicious! Might have to try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is delish! You're gonna put Long John's Silver out of business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lovely wife is correcting me. It's Long John Silver's. Now I'm embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete