Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shawnee Mission Park

Here's another post about my favorite places in Kansas City.  I'm sure that someday I will be so happy that I decided to document these.

Shawnee Mission Park is this gorgeous park out in  the west side of Kansas City.  This is always my favorite place to bring friends that come to visit me.  There is a lake, tons of trails, and even a dog beach. You honestly don't even feel like you are in the city when you're here (which is my favorite part!).

On one of my mornings off last week, I spent the morning and some of the afternoon there.  I went on a nice run,  did my daily hiit workout on the dock, and just sat on the dock enjoying the peacefulness of the place. So gorgeous.  If I don't live on a farm someday, I suppose I would be fine with living on a lake.



These are the kind of trails that run through the whole park.





When you climb to the top of one of the really steep trails,
you get rewarded with a gorgeous view.
You can't see it in this picture, but there is a train that will go past too.





"Steep" is not an understatement.
This hill is like a wall.




These pictures weren't from last week, but from different weekends when Sarah and Patrick came to see me.
Sarah and I

I'm sure Patrick is getting tired of me dragging him out there by now ;)
If you're training for a half marathon, this would be a fabulous place to run!  Hope you can check it out sometime.

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment