Monday, September 23, 2013

DC and the Garden Party

My boyfriend, Patrick, lives in Washington D.C.  He's teaching 7th grade history at the high school that he went to (The Heights).  Every year they have big fundraiser/gala thing called the Garden Party.  Luckily, I was able to fly up for the weekend.  I will be the first to admit that I am awful at actually taking pictures.  I either think that it's not the right time to take them, forget my camera, or just forget to take them altogether.  So for whichever reason you would like to pick, I did not take any pictures of the actual Garden Party, but let me tell you, it was adorable. It was outside in the courtyard under a huge tent. They have the some of the young kids (like 4th-7th) serve hors d'oeuvres, hand out cigars, and refill glasses of wine.  It was raining that evening, so they would hold an umbrella for you as you walked from one tent to the next.  Best part: they wear bow ties! Yeah, I know.  Pictures of all of this would have been pretty great right now.

Here is the outfit I wore for the Garden Party.
 It took my forever to figure out what to wear.  Just ask any of my classmates.

I had a lot of homework to do this weekend, so we didn't get to do a lot of the touristy stuff, but I didn't mind.  We went to Georgetown one afternoon to study.  I think just being there makes you smarter.

While trying to pretend to be a student on campus,
I made Patrick take a picture in front of their main building.
All the students there do that, right?
We also drove past Georgetown Cupcakes.  I'm a sucker for cupcakes.

Bad picture, but you get the idea.
After the Garden Party, even though we were both exhausted, I asked if we could drive around the national mall to look at all of the monuments at night.  Not a bad way to end a day.


And I will try to take more pictures next time.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. (addition to first picture comment: just ask her sister too.)
    The Georgetown campus picture is so cool! And next time, you have to actually get a cupcake at the shop :)

    ReplyDelete