Monday, March 31, 2014

Level II fieldwork project

I can't believe that my first level II rotation is almost over.  These 12 weeks have been so great!

Every level II fieldwork site has their student do some kind of a project.  I decided to do mine on DIY adaptive equipment.

When I started at this site, I quickly noticed how much adaptive equipment they use.  Not only is this adaptive equipment expensive and take a long time to be ordered, it often needs to be customized for the child anyway.  I made a series of handouts on frequently used adaptive equipment that the therapist could use for themselves or give to teachers.

I organized the handouts and the research to support them on a google site (link posted below).

Feel free to use or share any information that could be useful to you!

https://sites.google.com/site/diyadaptiveequipment/

(P.S. This means only 12 weeks and boards are standing between me and becoming an OT!)


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment