Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Apartment Tour

It's almost a week until I move back to Omaha.  Yippee!!
Of course I will be a little sad to move.  I love the neighborhood I live in.  I finally can get around (mostly) without a GPS.  And of course I have made some amazing friends here.

I also love my apartment, and I wanted to document (mostly for myself) what my apartment looked like.  This was my first place of my own I was able to decorate (dorm rooms do NOT count).  I had so much fun picking out decor, arranging, and crafting for my apartment.


This took me all of last Christmas break to make.
You can find the tutorial here.






The chalkboard and mail organizer I made.
You're lucky.  The date is rarely ever updated.
I used drawer handles turned upside down to hold the chalk and eraser.
The tutorial for my mail organizer is here.


I found this knob board long before I moved into my apartment.
It's one of my favorite pieces.  The potholders are from anthro
and I made the apron.







These were old containers from my mom and I just added the chalkboard paint.
I found the wooden spoons at Dollar General and I just spray painted them.







This used to be an old wine and beer bottle.  The picture was designed by Patrick.
I cannot get enough of this basket.



Angela & Brittany
I found this frame in abandoned in a shed at home.



This tray  on my coffee table is one of my favorite parts of my apartment.
I found the unpainted tray at Hobby Lobby and just used spray paint and painters tape to make the chevron pattern.
I found the book at an antique shop and the teacup is from Anthro.


Kitchen/dining room


Living room
Please just ignore the horrible mismatching furniture.
I am a poor college student.  What did you expect?


My bathroom (nautical of course)


The green hydrangeas are my favorite.



These were super easy to make.  These were old picture frames I had and I used
youtube to teach me how to tie some neat looking knots.
(Get it: it's "knot-ical" haha)


This basket is the perfect hideout for my nail supplies.


My make up brush holder. The rhinestone were extra buttons from shirts and cardigans.


This is where I keep my make-up, hair accessories, and what ever else fits.



If you can't tell, I'm a sucker for baskets.
This reminds me of the baskets that we used at the pool when I was younger.


Here is my necklace holder and marker board (a must for studying).
The marker board is just an old picture frame with scrap booking paper.
 My dad helped me make the necklace holder.
 For some reason he wasn't nearly as excited  as I was about it. 



This is the top of my dresser.  I stacked my favorite books here.  The "Little Swimmers"
book on the top is my favorite book my grandma used to read me when I was little.
The chevron straws were left over from a bachelorette party.
                             
So this may look like a big mess, but it is the most functional piece in my bedroom.
There is so much storage available here. I keep my textbooks, crafts supplies, and  purses here.

My desk area.
The tutorial for this mail organizer can be found here.


My bed and headboard.  The headboard is just made from picture frames.


Close-up of my pillows.

Can you tell my sequin pillow used to be a shirt?



Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. First... can't wait for you to move back!! :)) We are going to have so much fun!
    Second.. I feel like you made everything in your pictures... I feel pretty lazy as I don't make hardly anything like you do! Maybe you can teach me some of your creative skills! :) Love them all by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and P.S. Maybe you could teach me how you made that sequin pillow... love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We can craft all the time!! :)
      Seriously can't wait!!

      Delete