Monday, September 29, 2014

Night Stand Makeover

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been working on redecorating my room for a while.

I found this picture on Pinterest and decided I wanted to do the same thing to my night stand.
cobalt blue


I didn't want to repaint night stand, because I liked the finish.  So since I am on a budget of like 6 cents, I spent a long time browsing Craiglist.
One day while studying for boards,  I was lucky enough to run across this beauty for $10!


The white roses weren't really my thing, so I didn't feel bad about painting over the finish.

When I was inspecting my purchase I came across a very nice surprise when I opened the drawer.

Ethan Allen furniture.  HOLLA!!

I wanted to replace the handle with something more modern, so I started by removing the hardware and filling in the holes with drywall filler. (You are probably supposed to used wood filler, but I already had drywall filler so I just decided to use that.)
I filled the holes, let them dry, and sanded them off.  I did this twice to completely fill them.
The handle holes filled

The handle holes sanded

I then sanded the entire night stand so the outline of  the stenciled roses wouldn't show through the new paint job.  (I did this out on my patio and got many weird looks.)

After sanding, I primed the whole thing.


I wanted to do something special with the drawer so I decided to paint the sides gold.


I finished painting the entire night stand and drilled a hole for the new knob.

And here it is:



I have to admit I was a little worried at first, but I love it!!
Now just to decorate it!


1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, that looks amazing!!! I love it! You are just becoming Miss. Woodworker. Look at you go!

    ReplyDelete