Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hello Again, D.C.

Last week I finally took my Boards.  It was awful.  That is one miserable test.
After I was done, I went to visit Patrick in D.C. for 6 days since he hadn't started school yet.  It was a great trip!  It was so nice to be there longer than a weekend.

The first day we went to Great Falls to check out the amazing views.




The next day I woke up to a very wonderful surprise.
That's right, people.  I passed boards!! 

So as many other people do, I'm sure, we went to Mount Vernon to celebrate. #totalnerdmove

George Washington's house

 George Washington's grave

African American slave memorial




I definitely recommend checking Mount Vernon out if you are ever in the area!

Patrick and I decided to go run on the National Mall the next day.

WWII memorial (This one is my favorite!)

Pretty sure I am the first person to ever take a picture right here.

Tired of selfies yet? Too bad.

 Then I found the perfect tour for my entire family to go on when they visit DC someday. HA!

Other than this touristy stuff, we were able to get supper at some amazing restaurants, catch up with some of Patrick's friends, watch lots of Parks and Recreation, and play Monopoly for an entire afternoon when it rained.  It was seriously a great trip!

And of course I spent lots of time giving this gal attention.  This is Patrick's dog, Phoebe.  I'm pretty sure she's half human.

1 comment: