Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fake Graduation

Last weekend was what my classmates and I like to call "fake graduation."
So I went down to KC, had my graduation banquet, got hooded, walked across the stage, and threw my hat up in the air, but I still have another 5 weeks of fieldwork to finish. That's how it goes, I guess.

Even though it was slightly anti-climatic, I still had a blast.  Patrick, Alexa, Matt, and I basically spent the whole weekend together.  We had nothing but fun.  This "them living in Phoenix thing" is really cutting in on my social time with Alexa. I hope we get to see them again soon!

Here are pictures from the banquet on Friday night.



Aren't these two just adorable? 


Of course Alexa and I were not going to let another themed photo opportunity go to waste.  We decided that we were dressed like spring.  I am the flower and she was the watering can.

And once we realized that Alexa was wearing blue with red shoes, AND we were in Kansas....well you can figure out what we did next.



Speaking of "no place like home," if you were in Merriam on May 16th and saw a car drive up to our old apartment buildings, just sit in front of them and stare, that definitely was not us.  

Alexa and I were excited beyond excited when Patrick and Matt took a selfie together.  We kind of designated them as best friends without them knowing, so we were pretty stoked when they took this without any coaxing from us.


 My other Nebraska OT friend, Stacey! Can't wait for her wedding soon!

My class and professor together one last time!

And then the day of the ceremony came.  

And then it was time for every combination of picture possible.




And then here are the best friends again :)

And then the looooooooooongest ceremony possible happened, but we got an awesome selfie after getting our diplomas.  Coincidence that we were alphabetically placed by each other during the ceremony?  I think not.  Obviously Alexa planned to marry a "Benson" so our names would be right by each other.....before we even met.





Since my parents couldn't make it, Alexa's parents graciously offered to step in for them.

So that makes us sisters, right?

Couldn't have made it through without this guy :)



Thanks for reading!








1 comment:

  1. aawwwwww, you are so sweet!!! Love your post! I totally downloaded like all of these pics for myself, including the best friend selfies! And we totally pass for sisters with you standing by my dad and me by my mom! Love it! Miss you again already!!!!!

    ReplyDelete