Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

To all you traveling ladies out there, what is the worst thing about packing?
I know you all just responded, "Packing jewelry."

I completely agree.  Packing jewelry is a huge pain. Earrings get lost, necklaces get tangled, and you often can't find what you packed anyway.

I always say, "If it's not broken don't fix it."  But some situations call for the opposite. "If it's broken, you better doggone fix it."

I got the brainstorming and designing and made possibly the most functional jewelry case ever (I may be a little biased).  So far, it really has been the best thing for me since sliced bread.






 My apologies for the inside print being so busy that it's hard to see what's going on the inside.  Let me explain.
I knew that I wanted a case with multiple small pockets for bracelets, watches, statement necklaces, etc.  I wanted specific places for my rings and earrings to go and I wanted a way for thin chained pendant necklaces to be stored in the same place, but not get tangled.

I came up with the first designs on a plane ride back to Omaha.  I'm sure the people sitting around me thought I was crazy.  The design has changed quite a bit since then.


 Here are the close ups.

There are 4 different velcro and zipper pockets for my bigger jewelry.
The straps on the top with the snaps close the case.



Attaching your earrings to a ribbon is a great way to secure them for traveling.  They keep my earrings clean and paired together.
On the right, is the tube for my rings.  It unsnaps from the case to get them off and on.

This is my favorite part.  I have some pendant necklaces that always get tangled no matter how I pack them.  Here I made various slots for each necklace to slide into.  The chain of the necklace slides into the strap above to keep it from falling to the bottom of the slot.  My necklaces have stayed perfectly untangled.  



I took it on our trip to San Diego and it worked like a charm.




I would love to hear suggestions for the design or ways you have found to pack jewelry.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. uumm....are you the smartest person ever or what!?! GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete