Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Text-worthy Tuesday: April Fool's

Happy April Fool's Day!
Check out the lovely message I received from Jill this morning.



Besides St. Angela's Day, this is the best day of the year.  

I will admit that I completely bailed on planning any pranks this year, but usually I am planning 4 months ahead.  Dad used to go all out on this day when we were kids.  You had to be on your toes.  He would place buckets of water on top of doors, flip the switch on the fuse box, and unhook a few wires in our cars before school.  His best prank was when he programmed a small remote (that fit in his shirt pocket) to work on our kitchen TV.  He kept turning the TV off while we were watching.  This one lasted longer than April Fool's Day!

One of my favorite April Fool's pranks I ever played was when I made my mom a fake Facebook account and added all of my siblings.  No one thought to ask her about it, so I (as mom) kept obnoxiously commenting on all of their stuff for a week afterwards.  Yeah, no one thought it was quite as funny as I did once they found out.

Last year I decided to put a prank photo in my dad's wallet.  His most recent family wallet photos are of when I was 3 years old (so Kara and Jill weren't even born yet).  He always calls us a "bunch of monkeys" so I decided to put this picture in his wallet.


He found it about a week later and thought it was hilarious.  He loves to show people his "updated" family picture.  

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment